“A little kindness goes a long way.”
As we are all adjusting to the reality of living through COVID-19 one thing that has shone through is how everyone is working together and being united.
It’s comforting to see how manufacturing industries have come together to help with providing essential equipment for both key workers and the general public. At Alpha-Purify we try to contribute not only by manufacturing UV lamps and providing vital UV disinfection equipment, but in every possible way we can. We wanted to share stories of just some ways that the business is contributing in this time of crisis:
- Our Directors are currently working on a project to help assist with the distribution of vital ventilator parts to the UK.
- We sourced and distributed 1,500 new protective facemasks to local care homes.
- Our R&D department have designed and currently have in production, protective door openers which will enable key essential workers to open any type of door without having to touch it directly, stopping the transfer of germs and viruses.
- One of our distributors in Brazil, Nicawe, has offered free food for those in need or without a job due to the current crisis.
- Leon Duckham from our IT department is volunteering for 3D Crowd where he is 3D printing valuable parts for face shields to be used by the NHS. 3D Crowd have had a request for 586,000 face shields to help protect our frontline NHS workers and last week alone they delivered 39,000 with over 80,000 in production as we speak. To donate or volunteer for 3D Crowd CLICK HERE
- Alpha-Purify provides disinfection lamps and equipment for an array of applications including surface disinfection, air disinfection and water disinfection. To find out how UV can combat Coronaviruses CLICK HERE
These are just a few of the many ways that the UV technology industry is pulling together to try to assist and aim for a clean and safe future.
Richard Cherry – Production and Technical Director
‘In the light of recent events it has reminded us how proud we are of our company. With a special mention to our manufacturing and despatch staff who, in the face of adversity, are working to supply critical products to supply the food industry for both packaging and packaging disinfection as well as supporting crucial utility companies with drinking water and effluent disinfection. We have increasing interest for surface and air treatment products and are working hard to bring products to market to help win the fight against the current outbreak and to be better prepared to combat future ones. The increasing demand for our products is testament to the increasing reliance on UV lamps in these industries as well as our ability to manufacture products of the quality and reliability that they require.’
With this in mind, Alpha-Purify wanted to reassure you that the business is following government guidelines regarding operating during COVID-19. However, this has not been without it’s challenges. Nevertheless, our amazing teams are working around the clock to answer your emails to fulfil your orders, manufacture and dispatch as quick as possible under very challenging circumstances.
We appreciate your patience and thank you for bearing with us during this difficult time.